Monday, 20 April 2009

Just call me crazy :)

You may well just call me that when I say that, after much searching and a considerable lack of money I have decided to do something that I have never done before....make a dress, I ordered some lovely olive green cotton with a slight stretch to it and some olive green silk taffeta (which has yet to be delivered). Here are some pics of my progress so far:

The drawn lines you can see are chalk. I'm making a simple tunic that I will add the silk taffeta to to create an empire line underneath the bust and jazz up the sleeves and hems.
Hopefully this will help to disguise my slightly dodgy stitching, as I don't own a sewing machine.


Have neatened up the bottom of the dress as the material was cut off the roll slightly uneven as you can see in the picture above.

The sleeves are currently a little short and will need to be lengthened with some of the extra material, but as you can see it has it's basic shape.....so far so good!

Maybe I'm not that crazy after all!? :)
Who knows, if it goes well I may even invest in a sewing machine as I do customize a lot of my clothes by hand already, which reminds me, I will post some pics of a bag I made a few weeks ago out of an old pair of dungarees and a dress soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment