Saturday, 16 May 2009

If it can go wrong, it will go wrong.

In Sunfire's post about Mercury Retrograde (this weeks pagan prompt) she wrote "Normally, Mercury going retrograde brings to life Murphy's Law: If it can go wrong, it will." It is this that made me look back over the past week's issues, all of which have occurred so far during the Mercury Retrograde and find a certain truth in this statement.

Issues that we believed long dead have resurfaced over the last couple of days, one with a year and a half long battle with an electricity company, another with a 2 month wait for a seemingly non-existent bed that we ordered missing yet another delivery deadline, money troubles of our own with customers not paying on time (leaving us financially in the schtuck), and a surprise migraine coming on this afternoon. If it has ever felt as though we are taking one step forward two steps back, it is now. It has been rubbing off on those around us too as redundancies are occurring (hardly surprising in the current climate I know) and illness has been taking hold.

As many seem to be feeling at this time, my creativity seems to have diminished radically, particularly as far as writing is concerned, and I have found myself looking at all aspects of my life and trying to find and create order, whether it be by having a massive sort out and houseclean, or sorting through my sketchbook and organizing my work catalog. In themselves these activities of course are useful and important, but why now? What is spurring me on to forsake the doing and return to the planning? Mercury Retrograde? Quite probably, as I always find I return to this state of mind when I have a roll of stresses and things not going to plan.

I guess the only good thing is that things can only get better, and a lull in inspiration and creativity is always followed by a massive boon in it further down the line.

Topic inspired by

14/5/09 post- Mercury Retrograde

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Sounds like your life echoes Mercury Retrograde to a T! Take this time to embrace the "return to the drawing board", reorganize yourself and your home, and get those long-lasting issues out of the way for good! best of luck in this time, hope to see you again on Pagan Blog Prompts!

    ReplyDelete