Sunday, 24 May 2009

Weekly Wisdom

As I write this (and tuck into a few Ferrero Rocher - just to get them out of the house you understand) I have every good intention to start really trying to lose weight tomorrow. It's been four months since I gave birth to baby number two and it's high time I made a sustained effort to shed the baby weight. I may not have put on the five stone I did with my first child, but there is still a lot there to shift, and what better time to start such a venture as the new moon?

As I worked in the kitchen earlier I remembered a plaque that my nan used to have in her kitchen, the diet themed quote being this weeks little pearl of wisdom. The plaque itself pictured a cartoon hippo with full makeup on in a dainty ballet dress and shoes with the words:

"A minute on the lips, a lifetime on the hips"

a popular dieting phrase and one that i think we can all at some point see both the truth and therefore the humour in. So let it into your life with it's funny fat ballet dancing hippo to brighten and inspire your lifestyle, not necessarily to diet (I hate both the word and the concept) but to remind us that our bodies are our temples and deserve to be treated with respect, love and humour. They do a good job after all and are what we make them to be, in their multitude of beautiful shapes and sizes )O(

2 comments:

  1. This is a very nice blog. I have actually never heard that quote before. I will remember it for sure, since I do usually choose that minute over the lifetime of extra body baggage.
    I am suprised you do not have more comments on this lovely blog. I just started a blog for beginning wiccans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou, I'm glad you like it. I must say that, especially since having my kids, I'm guilty of that choice too most of the time.
    Blessings x

    ReplyDelete