Monday, 22 June 2009

My Solstice

We had a really good midsummer. My husband is an atheist so usually I am on my own celebrating the seasonal cycles, though he has come to respect my craft, this year he even wished me a Happy Solstice! I spent the day with my hubby and kids in and around the house, saying a few blessings in the garden. Having decorated my altar a couple of days ago I made a sun disc (behind the chalice) of card and sunflower seeds - which was really quite calming and therapeutic - painting it in yellows and oranges as a sun symbol for the solstice. During the evening I drank sweet mead and did some arty stuff including the below painting of my fey guide. I know it's not that great but I am totally rubbish at painting body forms and faces so it's a bit cartoony but will serve as I have been meaning to do it for ages.


It's been lovely to read about everyone elses Soltices, sounds like you all had good ones too.

BB x

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Alter there.
    I like the painting too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, lovely altar. Sounds like you had a great time. Me too.

    ReplyDelete