Friday, 28 August 2009

Back On The Road To Self-discovery

Well, as you can see it's tomato central over here at the moment. This is the third box picked over the last couple of weeks and there are still tons more on the plants. I'm not entirely certain what I'm going to do with all these little guys but I'm sure I'll think of something soon.

We are finally approaching my favourite season :) Autumn, a time of harvest and sustenance, colour and the herald of a slower pace. As the nights draw in and get cooler, what is better than cuddling under a blanket eating roasted chestnuts and drinking a lovely warming brew? Not a lot I would wager.

There is another reason why I love Autumn, it has always stood for me as a time of begining, like spring, only focusing on inward beginings. I find I have a great deal of motivation at this time to work introspectively, learning and discovering about myself and taking up a new skill/craft/path of learning or just coming back to something I haven't done in a while. I usually work a great deal in my BOS during these months and find that receiving knowledge, in all it's forms, is high on my list of priorities.

The new beginings have already taken effect in my life at the moment, and I have learnt much about myself in the last week alone. Writing fiction with others through roleplay has become a part of my life that I thought I had lost a long time ago, but now I have found it again; another little piece of the 'Michel' jigsaw, slotting firmly into place. It's quite amazing how much of myself I have lost track of without even realising it, particularly since having my kids, who wholeheartedly have taken absolute priority in my life.

*raises glass*
So here's to the journey of self-discovery, the journey of life.
*sips drink happily*

4 comments:

  1. How on earth did you get your tomatoes to ripen. I'm only just getting the odd ripe one now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michel, the tomatoes look great! We've also had a good number from our plants as well. There's nothing more satisfying or delicious than produce from one's own garden. I also look forward to the introspection that the darkening days of autumn bring...it's my favorite time of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michel, I am so happy to read that things are getting back on track for you. I feel much the same about Autumn as you do, it's by far the best time of year. I also like to keep my BOS close to hand through these months as the journey of self discovery is certainly the most exciting thing we can go through as a personal voyage. I too have two children, two boys ages 2 and 3 this year, so I know what its like its so easy to loose yourself int he role of wife and mother, but I guess the best thing of all is finding yourself and the confidence that gives is truely priceless.
    Bright Blessings my Lovely xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Joxy - I'm not sure exactly, I planted them up into grow bags and fertilized them once a week with worm wee from my wormery. My grandad advised me to pick off the lower leaves and a lot of the growth to stop it bushing out and they have been sitting in a very sunny spot. They took a while to colour but once they started changing suddenly they all turned really quickly.

    @DDDM - I totally agree, I love being able to pick the produce I have grown and nurtured from seed, plus my eldest has now grown a love for tomatoes - she has even been eating them for breakfast after her cereal!? lol.

    @Pixie - thanks hun, it's been a tough couple of months but things are all begining to click into place again.

    ReplyDelete