Saturday, 29 August 2009

Cross Stitching

As I may or may not have mentioned before I am, at times, an avid cross stitcher, opting for fantasy and nature based kits that speak to my magickal side. A lot of my card designs have also been cross stitch ones. I find it an incredibly relaxing pastime, like a complicated puzzle that is just so rewarding when it's finished. I'll get some pics of my flower fairy projects up soon. First I wanted to share this lovely kit, that I completed a couple of years ago, with you.

It was actually a competition prize - I don't usually enter magazine competitions etc, my psychic sense usually tells me when I'm going to win so I wait until then. The same thing is true of the lottery with me, when I feel that pull to play my numbers 9 times out of 10 I will win (only £10 mind you, but it's better than losing). Anyways, to cut a long story short I entered the giveaway for this beautiful celtic stag kit which came to my attention at a time when I was really working hard to reconnect with the male energies of the gods.

I managed to find where the kit came from too, it's designed by Sammy Brewer at Keridwen Crafts whose site is full of fantastic celtic designs for the cross stitching fan.

Blessings x

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty. It seems like a very nice stress relieving pass time. I may pick that up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely! I really love the whimsicalness of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys.
    It's a great stress reliever as the large patterns are so complicated that you can't think of anything else while you're doing them, lol. I took it up when I was looking for something new to learn and haven't looked back since :)

    ReplyDelete