Monday, 31 August 2009

Push the Button


Here it is, my very first blog button for anyone who would like to advertise my site, with, of course, my full gratitude. There are two people I need to thank for this, the first is Magaly Guerrero over at Pagan Culture for posting about getting her first one and urging me into action and the second is to Jenieshell for her easy step by step instructions on creating a button and scroll box for the code (as showcased to the right).

I thought I would add a quick rundown on how to add my button (or any button for that matter) to your blog for anyone who doesn't know how, don't worry, it's very, very simple:

1. Go to the right hand side of my blog and locate the Pumpkins and Toadstools Blog Button.
2. Under here is a scroll box full of HTML code. Copy the full code.
3. Go to your blog layout page
4. Select Add Gadget
5. Select HTML/Javascript
6. Paste the code into the big box and save

Voila.....the button will now appear on your blog and you can change it's position by drag and dropping it in the layout section of your blog just like any other gadget.

A big thanks in advance to anyone who adds my button, blessings x

9 comments:

  1. I looooove it! I love it so much, that your blog will be the first one on Touched By Pagan Culture . Now don't be curious *grin* You'll find out soon enough ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys :)

    @Magaly - *grins back unable to halt her curiosity*...ooooh, how exciting, I can't wait....*squeals like a little girl* lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patience my precious muahahahaha! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snapping up your cute button, sweetie! Wish I had the patience to figure this thing out...one day I might sit down long enough to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Rue - thanks hon, if you need any help just let me know, it's pretty easy...

    If you have an image in mind/know the sort of thing you want I wouldn't mind making it for you and doing the code so all you have to do is add it to your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michel - I played around last night - but can't get the trial of Photoshop loaded unless I'm in the US (grr - you'd think Canada was a third world country!)

    I'd be absolutely thrilled if you thought you could make me up a button. I don't need anything fancy, just something that says "Rue and Hyssop." Any kind of image really - herbs, nature, garden , or just a plain background-whatever. Please don't go through any trouble!

    Oh, and drop me a note at: rueandhyssop@gmail.com and if you want to leave your mailing address I'll send you some treats from the store I bookkeep for! I'm doing up some giveaway baskets for September (my birthday) and I've bought tons of cute and yummy things!

    No pressure on the button - you're an angel for offerring to help!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Proudly displaying your button! :) And it is LOVELY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete