Tuesday, 1 September 2009

Flower Fairies - DMC

Here they are, pictures of my completed cross stitched flower fairy kits to date. I am currently halfway through making the Lavender Fairy so when she's finished I'll post a pic of her too. Unfortunately for her the lavender is stitched using french knots, which I might add are the bane of my stitching existence, but I'll get there eventually :)

The first design is a little sample kit that was free with a magazine, the second two are smaller sized kits while the final two pictured are large kits.

The Guelder Rose Fairy

The Poppy Fairy

The Blackberry Fairy

The Sweet Pea Fairy

The Mallow Fairy
The kits are made by DMC and available from most good cross stitching stockists. I was lucky to find an influx of the small kits in one of my local charity shops one day so I could get a couple quite a bit cheaper than retail price. I love the designs and the act of stitching them though, and think they are well worth the money as they include everything you need to complete the design....I just need to buy some matching frames to put them all in now.

11 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! Where do you find the time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so sweet! I've never tried my hand at cross stiching before. I love these though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful. I love cross stiching but haven't done anything for years. Your magick stitching has inspired me to pick up my needle again. May you be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg...i love your cross stitch!! especially the mallow fairy! i just found you but will sign on to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well done they are beautiful and i love faeries anyway x

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter has flower fairies pictures all around her bed...
    We both sew (she is only 9)and she would love these.
    Before she was born I made a baby quilt with some flower fairy fabric...but I also added blue borders (in case I had another boy!)
    You must have spent many, many hours sewing all those tiny stitches...I know how many hours go in to sewing something...and people who don't sew could never imagine all the time we spend on these projects...oh well...we know!
    Would love to see the lavender fairy...she's my most favourite...so please remember to post her pic when she's done.
    Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are soooo pretty! :)My favourite is the Poppy Fairy!

    I also wanted to pop by and let you know that I added your button to my scrolling list of blogger buttons. :)

    Aelwyn
    http://hedgewitchhollow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thankyou everyone,

    @Buffalogal - I'm glad it has inspired you, I love weaving magick in my stitching as chanting and imbuing the work with energy is so easy to do. Every time I look at them I am reminded of the magick I weave when I stitch.

    @Head Witch of the Hollow - it did take a long time, half the job is just switching the threads all the time, but well worth it in the end. It is a fantastic hobby and hopefully when my daughter is a little older I will introduce it to her too :)

    @Aelwyn - She's my favourite too, you can't really see it well in the photo but she has sparkly metallic thread highlights which are so pretty. Thanks for adding my button as well )O(

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are gorgeous! Such intricate detail! I like the stag a couple of posts back too, it is especially dear to me as a totem animal.

    Just became a follower, and grabbed your button.

    Can't wait to see more, your blog is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thankyou Rayden and welcome.
    I have visited your blog and am now following. I also grabbed your button. I look forward to getting to know you :)

    ReplyDelete