Monday, 21 September 2009

Mabon Blessings.

Happy second harvest to you all, I hope that the full blessings of such a wonderful time of gain are flowing into your lives right now. I think that, especially with Samhain fast approaching, Mabon does get put on the back burner a little at times. This year I made a special effort to really connect with the season by going on a walk and scavenging objects. I had a really great time and found myself blessed with loads of natural harvest materials all that had been discarded onto the floor.

At one point I was a little disappointed thinking I wouldn't be able to get any conkers, despite the mass of trees. They had all been long since raided and believe me I searched. In the end I gave up and said a little mental prayer by a particularly large tree to find some further down on the walk. Doubling back to go home I passed the same tree I had prayed at and lo and behold there was, and I'm not joking here, a tidy pile of conkers at the base of the tree - I couldn't believe it.

All in all it was a lovely walk through the parks and a little wooded area. I'm just sorry I forgot to take my camera in my rush to leave the house this morning, so I've decided to rewalk it another day and take some pictures to share later too.

As you can see I brought home a massive collection of items, I tried to get something from every tree/plant/area I went through. I even found chestnuts! Which was a big surprise though they weren't really decent enough to do anything with. They reminded me of the trips we used to do every autumn as a family, out into the woods in the middle of nowhere chestnutting, and then roasting and eating all we found in the evening...yum.

Anyways, I decided to make an autumnal wreath with what I found and I'm pretty pleased with the results, particularly seeing as I hadn't made one before.

I then made a great big bowl of autumnal pot pourri for the lounge with all the rest of the stuff, adding a few drops of sandalwood and patchouli oil to give that subtle earthy smell that I just love at this time of year.
So what have you all been up to for Mabon? Are there any autumnal activities you get up to every year to celebrate the season?... Or some new ones that have been good?

15 comments:

  1. Love your wreath! It's Ostara here in the southern hemisphere so we're doing everything up side down ☺ but still celebrating the blessed wheel. Happy Mabon to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its beautiful Michel, well done you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great finds. Love your wreath as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Mabon entry with beautiful ideas for celebrating. I posted a link to your website from http://CyberCoven.blogspot.com {I liked your work that much!} :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Mabon! Found your blog last week and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankyou everyone, and a Blessed Ostara to you Wendy and any others in the South :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your wreath! Mabon blessings to you! I was thinking of you today while picking rosehips - I'm going to make that syrup!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful finds! And your wreath is just gorgeous!!! Excellent job, love.

    )O(
    boo

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is just too amazing! I hope you are having a fabulous time and that you are energetically packed for the winter ;) I'm trying to get there, but with trying to catch up with my reading and my writing, I have WAYS to go.

    P.S. Don't believe that I've forgotten about my treat to you because of you cool button. I just haven't done it yet. Soon...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just won the Kreativ Blogger Award and I'm passing it on to you! Stop by my blog and pick it up, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My dear Kreativ Witch, I've nominated you for an award, so go get it at Pagan Culture. I have something else for you, next Thursday, I think... yes, I'm enjoying this ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thankyou both for the award, I will endeavour to collect and pass it on asap...

    @Magaly - *eyes you suspiciously*...yes I'm sure you are... but yay! I'm looking forward to the surprise :) - I would say I'm going to hold my breath in anticipation, but lets face it, I'd be dead by the time Thursday came round, lol.

    ReplyDelete