Sunday, 4 October 2009

Folkestone (part 1)

Here we have pictures showing the walk I took when I went to collect materials for my Mabon celebrations. I re-walked the same route as the other day to take these but there's two parts to it as I also went to a local public garden at the end. I'm going to add another post with the stuff from there...


(above) This one is taken from the same spot as the first, just zooming in on the Downs. When I have a sitter for the kids I intend to go up there again one day with my camera as it's a lovely varied walk with some nice views of the town, countryside, sea and on a clear day France.





(above) Here we have the tree where I found the pile of conkers. I specifically stopped here again and had a little clean around of the litter that had been dropped in thanks. The thick crease you can see in the centre of the trunk is where they were all stacked up on the ground when I returned.
(above) Not the best picture but I couldn't resist snapping one of this little guy as he dug around in the ground.






I have decided to do a bit of a thing where I take pictures of all my favourite places to go walking in Folkestone, so stay tuned for more glimpses into my home and the places I love to go.

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful area - no wonder you walk here! I love the little creek, and water feature! Looking forward to seeing more photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very relaxing to see thoes pictures! Love the area!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh I live in Cheriton (been here since last Nov).. but I don't recognise the pictures would you mind telling me where these places are, I'd love to for a walk with 2nearly 3yr old there - particularly the place where the pond is.

    Thank you. If you'd prefer you can email me at Joxy34@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys, I love it here... there are so many different places to go and really experience the elements in all their glory. I moved to the area 5/6 yrs ago and have never regretted it.

    @Joxy - I've emailed you some details, if you're up for it I'd be happy to walk it with you.. just let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! Very beautiful.

    )O(
    boo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful pictures!! I love the autumn!! My fav time of the year.
    There's a gift for you over at my blog, too.

    Love & Light )O(

    ReplyDelete