Thursday, 15 October 2009

Random Musings.

These last couple of weeks have been very busy for me what with one thing and another, and also a time where I have learnt so much about myself and my place in the world it's unreal. All of the events of this year, all of the problems I have had over the last few months and all of the stresses and tears shed seem to have been worth it. They seem to have made the way for what can only be described as what I believe has been meant to happen to me at this point in my life. A true milestone, if you like.

As is always the case for me at this time of year I have been the grateful reciprocant of new information... new and unexpected information, that has turned my world and perspective upside down. I am excited and expectant for the future even with the constant strains and stresses that are still going on... but now I have every confidence in my ability to cope, sit them out and move past them with the love and support of those around me.

I know, I know, I seem to be in a rather philosophical mood right now... this usually happens when I have a bad experience such as the one that came just a few short hours ago. What happened though, isn't important. After the tears, anger and the inevitable rant to someone... anyone who'll listen... comes a strange sort of melancholy where I assimilate the information. Certain people I know would call it me worrying (and you know who you are), but it's not, I 'digest' what has happened, make sense of it, plan my next move and then continue forward a little stronger than I was prior to the situation taking place, and believe me I've gained a whole lot of strength over this past year.

With the good comes bad, with the bad comes pain, with pain comes numbing, with numbing comes acceptance and with acceptance comes strength.

8 comments:

  1. Well I'm glad you have the strength to take the bad in stride and learn from it! It is an easy concept, but a very hard one to put into practice and shows the confidence that you have in yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm like you in the way I digest!!! You will get throught it - your a strong lady and you have ppl around you to support you.

    I have a blog award waiting for you... go collect it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to read you're finding your inner strength. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you worked thorugh it and that worst is passed you now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you were able to work past the rough parts and put them behind you. That's a big step!

    )O(
    boo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you stopped in to let us know you are okay. I'm a digester too - or a 'simmer-er' I do let things sit sometimes. I hope all your days ahead are brighter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thankyou everyone!

    I feel so much better that I'm even painting again... and I can't tell you how much I've missed it. This last while has been such a negative time for me that even the urge has been gone, but no longer!

    I will hopefully have some pictures of my new work up soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, can I just say you and I are in the same boat?! I just had a very rough situation going on and it shook me to my core. Through it all I have been extremely introspective. I am learning more from it each day. Part of me still feels "wounded", though, and I guess it's a cue that I need to do more inner work. Glad to hear you're finding your center a bit from your own "stuff".

    ReplyDelete