Tuesday, 8 December 2009

Fey Altar Refurb!

About time I had a reshuffle of my bedroom altar, you always know when it's time because the energy just doesn't feel right and I for one find I don't want to spend time there. A few days ago I finally bought my Pan statue, as found in a little shop in town, amazing enough considering our town isn't exactly full of stuff. You can just about see him there on the left, next to the oddly phallic plant I bought today for him. The intention was to just get a nice little houseplant but the one he guided me to has a errr... appendage hanging from the middle of the raised trunk bit. Very fitting for him I must say and rather unsurprising that he would want such a representation.

I removed a lot of my small faeries leaving just a couple of different statues, my crystals and cauldron etc and adding a large selenite crystal and ivy plant for the Lady's presence. I do tend to use this altar for my work with Pan and the fey as well as my meditation and journey work but I have a thing about balance in the energies everywhere, especially on my altars. I can't help but have a sense of symmetry both in the look and feel of my spaces.

Anywhoo, just thought I would share it with you all. The more regular use of my oracle cards as one of my goals is going well, so well in fact that my 'bonding' with them has me creating my own divination set. I've been meaning to do this for a while, I've had a couple of items set aside that speak to my psychic senses, hidden away awaiting this project. Having found the rest of my items yesterday and today I'm going to create a drawstring bag and casting cloth for them then give them a go... I already feel well connected and eager to use them, I'll post some pics and a little description of the set when I'm done :)

*****
Another sidenote (I seem to be adding these a lot at the moment): I've actually been onto and updated my myspace page, so if you're on there feel free to add me or leave me a link to your page in my comments and I'll add you xxx

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your altar reshuffling with us , it looks dreamy. I need to so some reshuffling of my own, especially before Yule! Okay, so I might not reshuffle, I like it the way it is and it has been the same way for years. But I need to deck it up a bit ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Alter! I usually get the urge to spruce up my alter at least 4 times a year and I am about due. lol.

    stay blessed

    sadie

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Pan your dancing round my life has done its part, now chaos reigns true to your art..." I love Pan despite his cheekiness. Beautiful altar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Pan statue! Too funny about the plant - well, he does have quite the sense of humour! Your altar looks great!

    I can't wait to see your divination set! You wonderful crafty gal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your altar looks lovely!
    Love your Pan statue too.

    )O(
    boo

    ReplyDelete