Thursday, 18 February 2010

Holidaaaaay!

Phew, what a few days away! I'm not entirely sure where to begin with this mammoth write up about my 'pagan inclined' holiday. I'm going to try to do this in some kind of order where possible, so first here's a list of all the places I'm going to write about that we visited (this is for my benefit as much as yours guys, or I'm likely to get all confused, lol). I think I'm going to approach this in the order we visited them, that seems to make the most sense:
  • Stonehenge
  • Hillside (the place we stayed, which quite frankly deserves a post of its own)
  • Glastonbury High Street
  • Chalice Well Gardens
  • Glastonbury Abbey
  • White Spring
  • Glastonbury Tor
  • Stanton Drew Stone Circle
Unfortunately we didn't even get to go to all the places we wanted to, such as Gog and Magog, Wearyall Hill and St Bride's Mound to name but a few, but hopefully we will go back soon to reinvestigate. I'm very thankful that we went when we did all things considered. The original plan of just a 2 night stay (one full day there) would have been terribly unsatisfying as we would have barely been able to go anywhere other than the High Street :s so I guess there was a reason for all that snow stopping us the last two times after all!

But before all that there was one place that I just had to share. This road had me giggling childishly for days on and off just because it has such a random name... so bask in the classiness of LEG OF MUTTON ROAD! (I took a picture of the road name just to prove, more to myself than anyone else mind you, that I didn't imagine or misread it, lol):

2 comments:

  1. lol what a funny name...glad you finally went and enjoyed your holiday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Random, indeed!
    LOL

    I'm not sure I'd want to tell people my address if I lived on a street with a name like that. ;)

    ReplyDelete