Thursday, 18 March 2010

5 things...

...you should ~try~ not to do:

1. go to sleep on an argument - trust me when I say this is never a good idea, you don't sleep well and the whole thing hits you twice as hard when you wake up in the morning and remember what happened the night before. Which leads me quite nicely onto...
2. regret the past - regretting the way you acted/the things you said in your past is futile, it cannot be changed (unless of course you have a nifty time machine in which case why would you be sitting around regretting things anyway?)
3. worry about the future - a tricky one I know, but again it's pretty pointless. If you're worrying about something you can control/change or act towards/against then do what you can and have faith it will turn out for the best whichever way it goes.... if you can't do anything then *shrugs* worrying about it isn't going to change or solve anything
4. ignore your intuition - gut instinct/intuition/psychic sense, whatever you want to call it we all have it to some degree and I have learnt from personal experience to never ignore it... all of the worst decisions and mistakes I have made have been down to me not listening to it, and while I don't regret my decisions, as they made me who I am, I do accept that I could have saved a lot of energy and worrying had I just taken heed of it's wisdom
5. forget to tell the people you care about that you love them - never, ever, ever do this as you never know when you'll be unable to tell or show them again. Things change so quickly in life, love is precious and is there to be shared.

8 comments:

  1. These are great tips. Thanks for posting them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the post! as for the not ignoring intuition/gut instinct... Does that mean when I feel the impulse to buy something I don't need, I should buy it? :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot for this post ^^
    Is nice to read something like this because you can remember things that you forget, we have to live the present ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are absolutely right! Sometimes i can't sleep with all that stuff boiling in my mind. I'll try to follow your advices...

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Anastasia - no problem, this post was a result of one of my oddly profound moments when I was in the bath, lol.

    @sydnii - haha, now I can see where this is going... all such future purchases will be my fault huh!?

    @princess - yes, we have to really remember to live in the here and now don't we... it's crazy really that we get so hung up on the past or future that we can't live properly in the present.

    @Lady Dylluan - I hope that helps a bit, it's horrible when you can't sleep properly because your mind won't shut down.

    *hugs* to you all :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post, and I agree with all points. There are hard to live (especially the no-regrets and not to worry about the future), but it's important to remind ourselves :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. completely agree...thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete