Thursday, 4 March 2010

Divine Inspiration

Okay, here he is. I think he's pretty much finished now... I'm taking a couple of days away from the painting with the intention to have a final feel for the energy tomorrow but I'm happy that it is what he wants and the compulsion to work with it more now is all but gone.

I had to use a flash to pick up some of the colouring and detail, particularly in the background, for you to see, though as usual it looks much better and richer in the flesh. So what do you think? If you want to take a stab at guessing the pantheon and/or God it is of then please pop your ideas in the comments and I'll tell you all who he is in a couple of days time. Also if you want to comment just on the painting itself then please do.

Blessings x

8 comments:

  1. I'm not able to come up with any suggestions on the God, I think my knowledge is too narrow.

    It makes me feel as I am looking at the side of a bird's head, with a moon almost as the eye.

    It is very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful painting :) i had a sneaky look earlier then went out into the garden and the name of Eros came to me not sure why :) cant wait to hear who he is....

    Crystal x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Michel! It´s very beautiful and rich! It looks like a bird's eye or a sunrise. I can´t guess the name of the deity who has inspired you, but i can feel an energy i can´t explain, something that makes me think about light and air. Thanks for sharing your talent with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the painting. It's truly gorgeous! I'm excited to hear which god inspired this lovely work! Hope you have an awesome weekend! ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  5. left you an award!http://thelotuspages.blogspot.com/2010/03/award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful painting!! I'm so glad I found your blog. :) Come on over and visit me too, I'd love to have you!!
    http://www.homespunheartscandles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't name Him, but he's gorgeous! I really truly love this painting. You're inspiring me to pick up my brushes again :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm definitely getting a sense of bird...this is truly stunning.

    Thoth, maybe?

    ReplyDelete