Wednesday, 28 April 2010

Neverending

While a few things have been sorted more just keep cropping up on the health side right now... why, why, why won't it all just go away? It's the reason I haven't been around too much online, I've just not been able to devote much time to the computer as it triggers my headaches off.

I went back to the doctors earlier in the week and after her initial disbelief in my statement that my coil wasn't in place any longer she did check. Lo and behold it had come partially out so she removed it, told me that this had never happened before with one of her fitted coils and asked me what I wanted to do next? Well, how was I supposed to know? Thankfully my doctor is good and does listen to my concerns so she suggested I try this pill that works just like the coil (accept that instead of leaving it in for 5 years I have to take it every day). So that is what I am on for now for the next three months before I go back and have a review.

On the downside I still have  a lot of pressure in my head from this cold and the blocked sinus' it's causing me. My wisdom tooth has also been playing my around so my whole jaw and ear area is sore not to mention I still have that neverending headache, which is only made worse because of the pressure. It's made everything impossible as anything I want to do... painting, cross-stitch, computer stuff etc... just makes my headache come back. Then a couple of days ago I started getting this pain in the muscles at the base of my skull/top of my neck on the side that I have the tooth ache. It's in a really painful and annoying place that I can't get too properly to massage so it's been hot compresses, olbas oil and painkillers for me. I just want the pain to go away now as the whole area is stiff, difficult to move and generally depressing :( I really hope it gets better soon so I can enjoy our trip to Hastings on Monday without having to be popping ibuprofen all day and grimacing when I move, especially now that the kids will be with their dad that day so me and my man get to go without them. As much as I know Beth in particular would enjoy it it will be nice to spend the time with him on my own.

To cap it all off this week my tv also died, which is pretty disastrous in this house as the kids were not happy and being as that about all I can do when my head gets painful is lay down and have the tv on it's been rather dull here. Thankfully my lovely man and his brother brought down a spare tv for us yesterday evening, saving the day once again.

I haven't even started thinking about Beltane this weekend... no plans have been made so I'll just have to see what I'm up to when it rolls around, I'm hoping that I'll feel at least a bit better by then so I can celebrate in some way properly... Beltane is one of my favourite festivals, I will be sorely disappointed if I can't really do anything much for it because of feeling ill again :(

4 comments:

  1. Oh, you really are having a horrible time hun.

    If you can do it, I would really recommend an osteopath - they can do amazing things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boo to illness! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. much love to you , i am having wisdom teeth issues at mo too and coupled with endo am feeling pretty rotten too so sending you a virtual cosy blanket , hope you are soon feeling better , at least the sun is shining x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had a constant headache for day now also, but I'm pretty sure it's just the stupid weather pattern that we are having... sinus pain is all

    ReplyDelete