Tuesday, 4 May 2010

Jack in the Green

We had a great day yesterday despite the other half having the manflu and my still torn status as to whether or not to take the kids with us. We dropped the kids off with their dad when we changed trains at Ashford and thank god we did. As much as I know Beth would have loved it it would have been sheer hell with the buggy there as it was just so busy. When we found where the parade was heading we managed to find a spot away from the main crowd down a small alley that it would pass through (if we had stayed in the crowd we just wouldn't have seen anything, there were just too many people). Where we were, though down this little alley did mean that the parade came right in front of us, so I managed to get some decent photos as it passed... well when my camera wasn't playing me around, lol.


As you can see, it was a little grey out and we did get caught in a brief shower but luckily it was very brief and, though a bit chilly at times through the day, it was the best day weather-wise of the weekend. We even managed to sit out on the beach in the sun for a bit... a bit too chilly for ice cream though.

All in all it was a very enjoyable day and I really hope we get to go back next year :)

4 comments:

  1. looks like a great parade, despite the rain! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am miffed I missed this - even if finances weren't tight, I ended up being ill on Monday too.

    The photos are wonderful, really hope I can make this next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, that's exactly what happened to me for the Faery festival in Canterbury and I was seriously peeved when I saw your pics and that Damh the Bard was there :( *hugs* hope you're feeling better now x

    ReplyDelete
  4. He usually attends all the festivals that Matthew put's on. He should be at the Goddess Festival in July.

    Are you going to the Mercian gathering in Nuneaton? It looks fabulous, and a very reasonable price for the 3 days, which includes pitch for camping and all the workshops plus the healing tent etc.

    ReplyDelete