Thursday, 10 June 2010

Working Hard

It's been so busy here as I have been well and truely inspired to create as well as write. I've finally been making some new cards... one's for my family so far but hopefully will soon have some sellable designs for coming sabbats, birthdays etc. I've been stitching a little Eeyore kit I got in a magazine which I intend to turn into a cushion using some old denim from a pair of knackered jeans and I've been cracking on with my Ma'at stitching project and my god/goddess painting... pictures of all of these will be following shortly!

I also decided it was time to try out a new craft. This time round it has been crochet, something which I have been itching to try for quite some time but just haven't had the foggiest idea where to start. Then yesterday, when I was at the local supermarket I spied a magazine which had another free gift. This was a crochet magazine and it came with a hook and 6 balls of brightly coloured yarn, so I decided it was about time to give it a go.

I have to admit, I was pretty dumbfounded at first as the written instructions and pictures were pretty hard to follow and decipher, and that's before we even touch on the pattern codes, but a few youtube tutorials later and several hours practicing the basic stitches and I felt ready to try actually making something!

That's what I spent this morning doing, and thoroughly enjoyable it was too. I made this simple flower cuff/bracelet for Beth as my first project: 



Even if I do say so myself, I'm very pleased with the results and have already planned my next (rather more ambitious) attempt :) 

3 comments:

  1. Your first attempt is wonderful. It is always a fabu feeling when a thought becomes a reality. Good for the self taught, we rock hard core.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - that's great for a first attempt! It's really cute - I'll bet Beth loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh very good! I keep meaning to learn to knit again but never get round to it!

    ReplyDelete