Thursday, 8 July 2010

Good News...

... well it is to me anyway, though it's nothing important.

 A few weeks ago I entered my first writing contest with a short story in support of Elliquiy Adult Role Playing Forum of which I recently became a member. Last Sunday I found out I had won First Prize in the contest... I didn't win anything a such for myself, other than the recognition that I had written a good story though a $50 donation towards the running of the site was made in my name and I have been ecstatically happy about it. I've been roleplaying for years but this is the first time I've pushed myself to submit a story for a contest where it will be read, critiqued and judged against others who were all very well written and in my opinion better than my own, so to be recognised and actually win something was really a big deal for me... Anywhooo, just thought I'd share :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh that's fantistic, well done! No wonder you're so proud, I would be too!
    Nellie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really cool! I think knowing that others liked your story and winning first place is better than getting something. It's especially cool that they donated to something you care about in your name. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! Congratz on the courage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys. It was definitely a big boost to my writing confidence, which despite praise from my role playing partners has always been a little on the low side. I have always enjoyed writing, I've just needed to find a time and place where I feel comfortable sharing it with others :)

    ReplyDelete