Thursday, 9 September 2010

Oracle Card Book

As I mentioned a couple of posts ago, I like to create my own books for my card sets, where I have my own notes about each image and it's symbolism as I become familiar with them. It has taken me a long time to find a suitable notebook for my faery oracle cards, but finally after much searching and waiting (as I didn't want to pay the full price for the book I discovered) I finally brought this one, ready to customise: 



Before and after pics of the cover:


Some handmade paper and a few stamps later and the front was much better having covered that honey loving bear...


Before and after pics of the inside:


Unfortunately Winnie was also a feature of each page inside, though it was nothing some brown paper and stamps couldn't fix. The downside to this is that the book is massive now because of the added paper but I usually add annotated copies of the card pictures anyway so it was bound to happen sooner or later. The card title will go at the top and the number between the two leaves in the bottom left corner.

6 comments:

  1. great idea! I now feel the urge to visit the dollar store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a creative idea. Great way to use a book that you might otherwise pass up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool idea! Did you just use regular paper crinkled up for the front? It looks like it was a bit textured to begin with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The paper on the front is a handmade brown paper I made myself. It's highly textured and created out of scraps of used paper soaked in water... hrm... could be time for a little craft tutorial on paper making next week :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great idea! You are soooo creative!

    I left you a little present over at my blog under "Happy". You can go there directly by pasting:

    http://frugallivingcoach.blogspot.com/2010/09/happy.html

    I hope you enjoy.

    Blessings,
    Marci

    ReplyDelete