Thursday, 21 October 2010

NaNoWriMo 2010

In the knowledge that I have been writing like crazy at the moment for RPs on E and short stories and scenes I have decided to take up a challenge. A friend of mine introduced me to the National Novel Writing Month where, for the month of November, you are challenged to write a 50,000 word novel. Madness, you may say, but it is something I am going to try to do for the fun of it this year. I have an idea that has been percolating for a long time, well several in fact, and this seems like the perfect opportunity to really crack on with one of them and motivate myself to churn out the story.

If you're interested in taking part then please do, come and sign up at the NaNoWriMo site and add me as a writing buddy. I'm registered under the name Rhedyn and it's be great to find some more people to do the challenge alongside. I'll try to write some regular updates here about my progress and maybe a few snippets of my work in progress too for you all to take a gander. I'm pretty excited about getting the idea down now that I have decided to do it. As per the rules I'm not allowed to start writing it until the 1st November so for now I'm having to concentrate on planning it. Let's just hope I don't lose my enthusiasm for my concept by the time the start date rolls around!

7 comments:

  1. You got an award! :)
    http://hedgewitchhollow.blogspot.com/2010/10/another-award.html

    Cheers!
    Aelwyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. tempted, much... but don't think i have enough spare time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep meaning to do this, and I was going to last year until I suddenly became a car salesperson. But this year I am going to do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys.

    @Nellie - I know what you mean but I'm determined to give it a go! I think this would be the ideal time for someone to invent some kind of time stopping device...in the event that that doesn't happen between now and November I guess I'm going to be surviving on even less sleep than usual.

    @The Traveler - yes definitely do! I can't guarantee that I will make it to 50,000 words but I'm certainly going to try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck Michel! I'm going to give it a go this year as well (and I've added you as a writing buddy)!
    Gwen
    (NaNoWriMo User ID: Fairy_Fingers)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh, good luck Gwen. I'll add you right away :)

    ReplyDelete